The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Our own Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) committee represents all staff and students in the school, with the members ranging from undergraduate students through to senior academic staff. The current Chair is Professor Mark Sullivan.
The committee promotes Equality and Diversity in our school by:
- Ensuring and promoting equality of opportunity, fair policies and working practices in the school
- Working to increase diversity among the demographic of the department at all levels
- Improving the working environment by coordinating applications for national awards and initiatives, such as Athena Swan and Project Juno
- Considering all diversity and widening participation issues, and make policy recommendations to the P&A Senior Management Team
- Monitoring and regularly reviewing the development and implementation of action plans for implementing positive change
- Reporting to our Faculty ED&I Committee and the University Athena Swan Committee to ensure cohesion with the broader faculty and university strategies.
- The meetings are held twice each term, and if you would like to raise an issue for consideration at the next meeting, please contact the Chair of the committee.
The Vice Chancellor is the University’s Diversity Champion, and the university-wide diversity objectives are overseen by faculty and school Equality Diversity and Inclusion Committees.
If you are a member of staff, you can view the minutes of our meetings, which are housed on Sharepoint.